You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sydney is a beautiful and wonderful place to live in, however, let’s face it, the commute to university or work can sometimes be a nightmare indeed. Why not dodge the peak hour traffic jams and escape the overcrowded buses and trains? The Mearth E-Bike ZERO is literally the ultimate lifehack for students and working professionals as you can achieve all that while breathing in the fresh air while riding to and from Uni/work on an electric bike.
- As a student, you won’t arrive for classes drenched in sweat and out of breath. Instead, arrive refreshed and relaxed without having the need for a change of clothes before your morning class.
- If you drive to Uni, well parking has just been made a lot easier. Imagine that, no more circling the block in search for a spot or pay for expensive parking. Just lock up your bike and go about your daily business. This is merely one of the numerous benefits of the E-Bike.
- In reality, an electric bike can sometimes beat the speed to that of public transportation. Thinking about it, this sounds like a great alternative to your usual commute.
- Feel tired often when attending morning lectures, or dreading an early Monday morning exam? Wake yourself up with a refreshing bike ride. There is nothing better than the breath of fresh air to help kick-start your day with a bang.
- Or better yet, it is possible to do a bit of “sightseeing” on your commute to school or work. You might have never realized that your daily commute been made so beautiful and peaceful all this time.
However, there might be certain queries you might have, in regard to using an Ebike as your daily commute on a long-term basis, in which we seek to address those concerns in this post.
Are Electric Bikes Legal to Operate in Australia, and in NSW particularly?
Prior to purchasing an Ebike, customers might first wonder if electric bikes are legal to operate within Australia. These rules and regulations are set by each state and territory. However, in NSW, there are specific classes of ebikes that are permitted on public roads and designated public areas. This includes the 250W pedaled bikes which are restricted in a way, so that the powered assistance is cut when traveling over 25km/h, and as long as they comply with the European standard N15194. On a side note, we would like to reassure our customers that Mearth Electric Bike ZERO is completely legal to use and operate in Australia.
Is a license required to ride an E-Bike?
The second most sought question that you might be thinking of is whether or not one might require a license to ride an electric bike. Well, you will be glad to hear that in NSW, motor assisted pedal cycles with electric engines do not need to be registered if the maximum engine output is less than 250 Watts. In this case, the Mearth E-bike requires no licensing or registration. Therefore, the similar set of road rules for riding an Ebike, apply to that of regular bicycles as well (Riders are still required to wear helmets when riding at all times)
Moreover, if you’ve lost your license, an electric bike could be a great alternative option to get around with.
- With inflation rates and opal fares on the hike, there is no better time, to get your hands on your very own Mearth Electric Bike, and start saving on public transportation expenses.
- If you’re accustomed to using a car as your preferred mode of transport, you can save money on the gas and fuel when using an electric bike.
- Without having to deal with the issue of public transportation expenses and the cost incurred from petrol and car maintenance, you can save a lot more and certainly make your everyday commute a cheaper one. Electric bikes generally cost about a few thousand dollars and the best thing about it is that unlike for cars, there is no upfront cost to it and no hidden fees to worry about. What are dealer fees, taxes, and insurance fees?
- Parking is definitely one of the next big issues that pertain to cost-saving advantages. In fact, there is not a single person I have met, that likes to have to pay for parking. I mean, who does? However, parking fees can get expensive for individuals who live in the city, especially if they are burdened by the monthly parking rent. Soon enough these ‘little’ costs would add up, making owning a car in the city to be quite expensive indeed. By owning an ebike, you have the choice to bring it into the house with you for the night and not having to worry about parking. On top of that, not having to worry about and watch out for the parking meter when you are out running errands, pretty much eliminates the chance of getting a parking fine overall.
- Why not generate an extra income stream? There are various companies out there that are looking for people or students just like you to help with the delivery of goods such as food, documents, and others. Get part-time gigs with food delivery companies such as Uber Eats and Deliveroo. A single charge would allow you to travel up to 40km in distance and up to a max speed of 25km/h. A single charge would roughly allow you to perform around 6-7 delivery trips. Talk about the benefits it brings to the table! Furthermore, the money you earn from this part-time gig could help by paying off the bike. Once recouped your initial investment, the rest your pocket will be counted as profit.
- In spite of the bike’s electric motor, you will still become more actively involved in achieving those fitness goals of yours by having the ability to manually pedal when you can, and between switching to the electric motor if you are tired.
- It is mentioned that Biking evidently helps boost your overall body coordination, keep your mind sharp, allowing you to gain endurance & stamina, improving your cardiovascular health and the list is endless.
- Don’t worry if you have not ridden a bike in years, as it’s a skill that can be picked up easily again. Our intelligent force sensor can detect the level of effort and strength applied by the rider and provide the appropriate amount of power boost which makes the most challenging trails like a walk in a park. The force sensor aims to provide you with a seamless and a more comfortable riding experience.
- As you adapt slowly to the comfort of your electric bike, you’re bound to find yourself gradually spending more time outdoors, enjoying the fresh air. Enjoy and take notice of the scenery around your school or workplace that you might not have before.
- With the convenience of the electric motor, have your mind at ease when taking longer, and more challenging bike trips without having to be paranoid about having to pedal all the way back.
- Why not integrate the Mearth Ebike ZERO into your everyday social life as well? Take it out for a weekend trip to the country or even try spending a day exploring. Or yet even, you could simply take it for a spin around the local neighborhood with some of your best mates during the upcoming school holidays.
- Almost like your ultimate lifehack tool, the Mearth Ebike can make almost any sort of task easier and more efficient. You name it, from picking up and buying groceries, to delivering something to a mate. The list goes on, really. The option of allowing you the flexibility of choice to attach a bike basket to your bike using the mounted ‘hook’ located at the front of its frame accentuates its uses and would definitely make buying those bags of groceries a breeze.
- Even if you’re just looking for a hobby of any kind, there might just be a huge community of ebike enthusiasts who just love to sit around and talk about electric bikes in general. Not only are they up for a good old chit chat, but they are keen on getting out for a ride too. No other perfect opportunity then for you to be able to ride and make friends. Expand your social network by using apps like Meetup to join groups that you like and hang with people who share the same passion as you do.
- Every wondered about the amount of carbon footprint that public transportation and cars leave behind on a yearly basis. Well, the answer is, “A lot” indeed. Enough to degrade the environment and contribute to global warming through the accumulation of carbon dioxide over the years.
- You might have expressed your concern or worry over the adverse effects it will bring in the near future, and believe us, so do we. That’s why, hence the introduction of the eco-friendly Mearth Electric Bike, which leaves behind zero carbon footprint of any sort.
What better way than to get yourself a super cool toy that saves you money, earns you money, increases your fitness level, saves time on your commute and saves the environment at the same time.
We are excited to present to you with, the Mearth Ebike ZERO.